Our toy filled centres offer a free snack, circle time and a daily craft. No registration is required to participate. All East End Children’s Centre programs are nut free and baby feeding friendly.
Our Kimbourne and Terry Fox sites are wheelchair accessible. We welcome all children aged 0 – 6 and their families, complete with all the strengths, needs, family types, racial & cultural identities and languages they bring to our programs.
East End Children Centre is a not for profit organization and a registered Canadian charity.
Our mission is to encourage a connected community of parents and caregivers focused on optimal development for children 0 – 6 living in Toronto’s East end.
- To promote wellness in children and their care givers
- To promote supportive relationships and interaction between people of diverse age, ability social and cultural groups
- To raise awareness of child, family, parenting and caregiving issues
- To provide programs and services that are culturally competent, responsive to community needs and inclusive of all preschool children and their families
East End Children’s Centre is a project of The East End Child/Parent Development Centre
At each location, small children, along with their parents, grandparents and care providers, come to paint, explore playdough, sing songs, play and make friends from culturally and socially diverse backgrounds. Even the tiniest of babies can participate! New parents connect with other new parents, and benefit from the years of experience many other parents bring to the job. It’s a place where the important work of caring for children is highly valued. Families attending our programs can also access the following supports:
- Parenting Library of books, tapes and videos on child and family related topics
- Clothing Exchange
- Informal Child Care Registry
- Entry point for children under 4 needing assessment services.