Welcome message and information for families new to EECC!
As of September 1st, 2022, masks are not required but strongly encouraged. Procedures & Protocols
- Indoor programs at Terry Fox EarlyON, Monday and Friday, 8:45 – 12; capacity is 20 people.
- Indoor programs at Kimbourne EarlyON, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday mornings, 9 – 12; Saturday 9:30 – 12. Capacity is 45 people. ***Beginning in October, Thursdays are 9 am – 1 pm.***
- Baby Time at Kimbourne EarlyON: Summer hours: Tuesdays, Thursdays 1:30 – 3 pm; capacity is 45 people. Please wait outside if you arrive before 1:30 pm. ***Please note that beginning in October, Thursday Baby Time hours are 1 – 4 pm.**
- Glitterbug at Kimbourne EarlyON, in partnership with the 519 Community Centre: Thursdays beginning October 13th, 4 – 6:30 pm with a light meal. For 2SlGBTQ+ communities and allies. Older sibs are welcome to join.
- Senses, STEM and Social for 3 & 4 year olds: outdoors Monday mornings, 9:30 – 11 am Register for the fall term, beginning October 3rd.
Pre-registration is not required for drop-in programs, but electronic sign-in required on arrival. It is possible that programs will reach capacity at some point during the program, and we will post a sign outside if that happens. There may be bumps in the road as we transition back to the drop-in format, and we promise to do our best as issues arise.
- Our programs are for infants, toddlers and preschoolers. Please don’t bring school aged siblings over the age of five, Saturdays & Glitterbug excepted. This policy is fully enforced.
- Masking is strongly encouraged but not required. We can provide a mask if you need one.
- Hand sanitizing is required when arriving and leaving, as well as before and after the following: eating, using play dough and sand, and attending to respiratory hygiene such as nose wiping/blowing, and using the washroom/diaper changing.
- Diapers are to be taken home for disposal.
- As always, do not bring hot drinks into our programs.
- Label items like water bottles to avoid accidental mix ups. Please don’t leave them unattended in the program.
- Leave all toys at home please.
- Please only use our diaper changing facilities for diapering and child hygiene.
- Marked bins are placed around the room for toys that need to be sanitized. These are for toys that have been in a child’s mouth, and need to be removed from play.
- Public Health guidelines now permit sensory items such as play dough and sand. We will offer these with enhanced hand hygiene: all children and adults must clean their hands before participating in these activities. Play dough will be single use, so you are welcome to take it home with you, otherwise give it to staff to dispose of it when you are done.
- We can provide snack (we wrap up snack at 10:30) or you can bring your own nut-free snack.
- We have introduced Circle Time back into our programs! Please ensure distancing during Circle Time.
- And YES, Our Kimbourne site, including our washroom, is wheel-chair/mobility device accessible. Our Terry Fox site is physically accessible as well, but since it is a school, we recommend contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the best way to access the building. We can also provide adult and child noise defenders on request.
- Both our sites have high capacity air purifiers running during programs.
- High-touch surfaces are sanitized between programs.
We still have adult masks for pick up.